Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!


Motif #15
Cross Bookmark
from Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns
by Monica Hahn
Edited to add:  
Thread is Size 40 White & Lizbeth #107 Tropical Fruit

I tried to scan this piece - I've seen where others say that a scan is better than a picture, so I thought I'd try it.  My scanner did not seem to be better than a photo, so I'm not sure what I did differently there.  In any case, this was a fun little cross to tat, and I've already given it away.  It sits safely in someone's bible - a fitting place, especially on Easter!

Easter is a day for renewed hope and new beginnings.   With this long stretch of unemployment for hubby and many other friends, 'hope' has become more than just a word.  I'm learning more about 'hope' than I ever wanted to.

HOPE:  
: to cherish a desire with anticipation 
: to desire with expectation of obtainment

: to expect with confidence


It is truly essential to have hope that things will get better; things will unfold as they are supposed to.  I have always told myself that everything happens for a reason, and we don't necessarily know the reason.  I've never had to really live it before, so I have to wonder if I ever really, truly believed it.  Easy to say, but hard to really live.  Until today, of course!  Because Hope is renewed and Spring is here.

And my bluebirds are back!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and yours! Yes what a lovely message of hope and renewal that Easter brings! Your Easter cross is lovely!
    I'd love to see a pic of your bluebirds!
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cross is stunning in those colors!
    As far as scanning - I think you get more detail with a scanner but colors can depend on the settings and brand name of the scanner. The one I have now does not show the colors the same way my camera does.

    This was a treasured gift. Many Blessings to you today and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gina - your comment reminded me that I didn't list the thread I used - edited to add that. I thought the thread color was rather "spring-y"! I will have to play with the scanner a little more to figure it out. My camera might win!

    TattingChic - the bluebird photo in my header is one of the best photos I've gotten in my own backyard. The photo on my recipe page is one I got last summer when the birds were enjoying the wild raspberries from the woods. Both photos of "my" birds are proudly framed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to you! What a beautiful cross you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cross is beautiful! I really need to get some size 40 thread. Almost everything I have is size 20. Happy Easter =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter Cindy! The cross is lovely and so is the message of your post.
    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya know since I've never seen a bluebird in real life I didn't know they had rusty little chests...forgive my ignorance. I feel real silly now...sorry! Garsh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter (a little late)! Your tatted cross is a head-turner and I'm sure the recipient will treasure it forever.

    As for everything happening for a reason, a quick TRUE story. When I was a teen, my father lost his job and my mom signed my sisters and I up for the "free lunch" program at school. We had to stand in line to get our lunch tickets and were aghast that the "in crowd" saw us there. But we learned a wonderful lesson, that those less fortunate kids were real people with real feelings.

    A year or so later, when my parents needed to put twins through college, that period of unemployment enabled my sister and I to qualify for full state grants! It was a blessing in disguise on multiple levels.

    So stay positive an the reason will make itself known. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TattingChic - don't feel bad - I've lived here pretty much all my life, but never really saw a bluebird until about 5 years ago. Now they are my favorite, and getting photos of them has become my own personal challenge :)

    Isdihara - thanks for your true story. Your experience is exactly what I mean! I know there's a blessing here somewhere but it's the not-knowing part that's difficult. I am a planner and a scheduler and a perfectionist - not being able to plan past this week throws a wrench into my agenda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!