Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

TIAS Day 5

Tat It And See (TIAS) Day 5

I think I'm convinced that this is a flower basket.  Jane is clever with her TIAS, though, so we'll see where Day 6 goes!

Here is the progress through Day 5:


Day 5

Today's technique is a Lock Chain.  A lock chain is simply a chain made by flipping the first half-stitch, and not flipping the 2nd half-stitch.  The result is a bit of a braided look vs. clean double-stitches:


I did a little chain study back HERE as well, but when I don't use these techniques often I tend to forget them.  There are so many interesting chain techniques to try - I find them especially fun when making bookmark tails.

Check out the 2013 TIAS Blog and see everyone's progress and guesses as to what this year's project is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!