Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Burlap

This burlap has been staring me in the face for quite awhile now, and the ideas keep floating through my brain.  (And that's about all they do - float on through!)  I've been planning to make a cover for the breadmaker and maybe a cover for the toaster with burlap, and adding matching fabric for the edges - but I haven't gotten to that yet.  I did have a request from both daughters for a burlap bag, however.  They know I'm a sucker for BAGS.   Soooo, I finally got one done.  




Messenger bag style, big enough for a laptop and file folders. I think I'm pretty smart to make up the pattern as I go and actually have it turn out pretty well.  Then I got to thinking (here we go again).  Aha!  Wouldn't a tatted motif with beads look GREAT on the flap of a bag?  Or at least as an embellishment somewhere.  Now I have a purpose for some of those motifs :)  Beads on the bags, beads on the breadmaker, beads on the toaster . . .

3 comments:

  1. Love your bag...very pretty combination of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag, I like how you set the printing on the flap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!! I love it!!!

    And I can see tatting on the edge. A combo of delicate and sturdy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!