Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tiger Eye Earrings

Finally.  I sat down and finished this pair of earrings in no time.  I think I could have done a better job, but I think they are just fine considering no one will see them both at the same time when I wear them.  

 These are Elizabeth Zipay's Tiger Eye Earrings, and I finished one earring a LONG time ago.  [Like last September.]   



I wonder why I wait so long to finish something so simple sometimes?  I guess I was in no hurry to finish the second one as I didn't have any earring wires.  AND, I was hoping to find a better way to get beads onto the thread without flinging them all over the place :) 

Frivole suggested trying a long-eyed beading needle awhile back, and I finally found what I think she was talking about:


The eye is pretty much the length of the whole needle, which makes it incredibly easy to thread. The needle is fairly long as well, so you can get quite a few beads on it. These are a definite must-have for me, since I am enjoying playing tatting with beads lately.  Thanks to Frivole for the tip :)

*****************
Twin Cities Tatters

And a quick update on the Twin Cities Tatters.  We met for some tatting yesterday, and we were thrilled to actually have some new faces join us!  We actually had 7 tatters occupying a corner of the Caribou Coffee shop for 2 hours.  Some young man even leaned in and asked what we were doing because he said "it sounded like we were having so much fun."  Well!  That just says it all, doesn't it?


5 comments:

  1. Seven? Wow! You sure there wasn’t a cauldron in there somewhere? All that laughter and noise! Fun!

    Nice earrings. I love Elizabeth’s patterns.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great earrings! Seven tatters in a coffee shop... sounds like the beginning of something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure was fun!

    And those earrings are even lovelier in person! Are you wearing them today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are pretty earrings.
    And that is a very handy needle for beads. I have one similar to that. But I misplace it occasionally, then have to scrounge for it.

    Yeah! tatters in a group! what fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!