Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Jan Stawasz Doily XI - Round 6

Jan Stawasz Doily XI - Round 6
 
I'm getting through the 4 rounds of mostly chains on this doily now, making this doily a more reasonable size to me than many patterns I see.  After years of crocheting doilies, it seems that the tatted doily patterns I come across are either very small or GINORMOUS!


I haven't made a doily with rounds of chains like this before - it seems difficult to keep the chains looking nice and even.  What's the trick?  Keeping the tension tighter seems to help - or maybe it's just because I'm paying more attention to it because it seems so much more visible.
 
Jan Stawasz Doily XI - Round 6
 I started Round 5 with the plain ecru thread, and was a little concerned that it was too light with the Latte Foam.  Now that I've done a bit more, it seems to blend just fine.  I'm leaning toward using ecru until the final two rounds and then going back to the Latte Foam, as they are a repeat of the center (3rd & 4th) rounds.

 
 
As I continue on with Rounds 7, 8 and 9 of my doily, the weather is continuing on with some rounds of its own. 
I'm pretty sure the sun will be back out on Monday.  Just when I have to go back to work.
 
No laying in the sun today . . .

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely Beautiful! I want to work on one like this!!! might take me 6 months now, but I really want to work on one like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very beautiful, Don't worry the weather is just the same in the UK, vey windy and heavy showers.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. your color choices are going to be perfect.
    rain, rain go away, come again another day. yes, we have had much rain too. 4" now. did you get any storm damage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, no storm damage for us, but many big old trees down/uprooted around us and many folks still without power. Did you get the storms up there too?

      Delete
    2. We got a lot of thunder and lightening and some wind, but other then the rain, we were lucky to have no damage. And none in the area either. We do have some crop loss from the excessive rains in the area, but not too much.

      Delete
  4. That is really beautiful!! :)
    I can't believe it's so small!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!