Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Reacting vs. Responding

A whole MONTH has gone by since I posted last.  A lot can happen in a month!  

I haven't been tatting much, but there's been a lot of "life" going on. Youngest daughter and boyfriend bought a house, so the preparation and moving in and housewarming have taken some time.  Hubby has interviewed, and interviewed, and interviewed,  and finally landed a position after a long stretch with only temporary work.  Oldest daughter bought a new car, with boyfriend and dad helping out.  Youngest daughter had a birthday and got a new job.  Hubby and I have been to our last camper cabin/state park visit for this year.  Talk about an emotional roller coaster!  Happy, nervous, anxious, stressed, and all of it all over again. And why do I take on everyone else's stress?  And here we are with the holidays looming.

I used to be good at responding to situations with a fair amount of confidence and organization - looking at the big picture.  Lately I've been just reacting - with much anxiety and low confidence without thinking beyond the moment.  But, recognizing that is the first step to getting back on track!  It's one of life's great lessons to realize that everyone is shaped by every single experience and emotion they have.  It's one thing to say it, but a whole other thing to really experience it first-hand.  And to think about it and analyze it so deeply is bringing out that introvert in me.  Only other introverts would understand it, so I won't dwell on it with further detail :)  

After finishing a really good book, I started trying to remember all the books I've read this year so I could add a page to my blog to keep track.  I considered writing a short summary of each book, but decided that I will just keep it a simple list and maybe get thoughts or recommendations from others as time goes on.  So, for now I'm adding a page of books read if anyone cares to comment or share.
I've added a button on the right to my GoodReads bookshelves, per Fox's wise suggestion!  

Craftiness tomorrow.

Ah, a cabin in the north woods and a
good book does wonders for the soul!

7 comments:

  1. My introvert hert longs for that comforting cabin space!

    Are you a member of goodreads? Great site. Check it out...
    Me: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6014623-fox

    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - perfect! I had Goodreads on my FB account, but lost interest there and thus stopped using it. I believe I will have to go back to that after looking again! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. That would be heart. That hert sounds like hurt... : o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could live in a cabin in the woods, far away from technology and civilization. For now, I'm just happy to live in the country with lots of traffic passing by on the road. I'm not good with lists. I started Goodreads a while back, but I haven't kept up with it. It's much easier to just pick up another book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - all these lists and social networking takes up precious time that could otherwise be used actually reading/tatting/sewing! We'll see how long I last.

      I don't want to be far away from technology and civilization - but an escape once in awhile is wonderful :)

      Delete
  4. Life does have a way of happening whether we're ready for it or not. At least some of the happenings are good things! Getting a chance to get away and read a good book, nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!