|These are gonna be CA-YUTE!|
We got a couple of them done checking out how it was going to work, and were satisfied with the result.
So, while hubby and I went off for our last state park visit of the year, my daughter stayed to Ruby-sit and work on her cup cozies. She is not an experienced sewer, so she had a little bit of trouble. A few goofs and no experience trying to correct them. Each one got a little worse, until she sewed one that came out inside out somehow. Nothing that can't be fixed, but when you don't know how to fix it, it's frustrating! I think she did great sticking with it without anyone to turn to at the moment she needed some help, and the issues aren't that awful. But she gave up and left me this note:
I have a couple of thoughts about the pattern too. I don't think it necessarily has to have the curve that many patterns seem to have. A simple 12 x 5 rectangle would be just fine. I would also use a whole hair binder instead of just half of one to give it more room for adjusting on different size cups. Embellishments could include some tatting. I think I need one of these :)