Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Live, Learn and Be Kind

Well, Happy New Year!  Once again, we've made it through the holidays and are on with a new beginning.  And, once again, I've been neglecting my blog like I haven't been doing ANYTHING. Which is untrue, of course.  I've done some sewing, some decoupaging, some baking, and even some tatting.  Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures or take the time to write about any of it.

And so it goes.  I guess I was living life! 

As for resolutions, I rarely make any real ones.  I do, however, ponder the past, regroup and rethink my goals for the upcoming year.  My main goal is usually just to be a better person all around. Healthy, kind, happy and wise. With this in mind, I have two very favorite quotes that I try to remember to live by:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow.  
Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Mahatma Gandhi

and

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
-Maya Angelou

So, here's to 2015.  Live, learn and be kind.  

4 comments:

  1. Wise words Cindy - thank you. Very true people don't remember what you said, but they do remember how you made them feel. Hope you have a fulfilling and happy 2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very good quotes to remember. Whether you shared about them or not it is good to hear that you have been living and doing. Here's to another year of living and doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your attitude! I hope you have a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are very true, great attitude I hope you do have a happy healthy 2015
    I wish you and your family a very happy new year
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!