Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tough Round 9!

I am having a heck of a time getting very far on this round. I'm having a hard time with the direction on this one - making a ring and then working a chain to connect on the left and not flipping just seems wrong to me.  I can't seem to get everything to lay nice and flat - not intuitively, anyway.  And I was trying to tat front-side/back-side, but I've messed that up too. (I know it doesn't really matter, but I do like the look.) Now I see I've missed a picot - fortunately, only one repeat back to un-tat. Ugh. 


Do you ever experiment, and then when you like what you've done, not remember how the heck you did it? I make that first ring, and then move the threads behind the ring to continue with the chain to the left of the ring. I think I tried moving one thread behind and one in front, then both behind, etc.  


I like how the chains lay beneath the ring on the left, but the two on the right are off.  Dang if I remember what I did differently, and I don't "see" it.  I have to pick out those two anyway, so I'll be doing some more experimenting.  Any suggestions would be more than welcome :)

The hurrieder I go the behinder I get!  Definitely can't rush this round ...



5 comments:

  1. Yup- it is a way tougher round.

    Gets easier as you go, I think. Using two colours I have also had a heck of a time till about a quarter of the way round it suddenly seems fine.... Muscle memory I guess. Keep on trucking, Cindy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started this round, and since mine is also in one colour, here's what I'm doing ..... directional tatting And working the round Anticlockwise. The combo works smoothly and quickly. Hope this helps.
    Oh, and lock joins with the shuttle closest to the joining picot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see where one color would be confusing at this round. I guess I would really use two different shuttles or mark one of them cause that would be the problem, excellent point to bring up really! I like the white too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been following, but not making this project. Glad you brought this up as I was puzzeled as to how to do this round. The counter clockwise direction that Muskaan mentioned seemed to make it more possible in my mind. Will look forward to seeing how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not up to round 9 yet, so I have no input. I do get confused sometimes, though! Keep on going. I'm sure it will get easier for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!