Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

More with Sulky Blendables

I've squeaked out another tatted cross with the Sulky Blendables.  


Mary Konior's Large Cross is one of my favorite crosses, but it truly is 'large'.  I've tatted it in the past with size 20 thread and it ends up as big as a page in a book!  (Ok, my book does suggest size 40 thread, but I have such an abundance of beautiful colors in size 20). The sulky thread is the perfect size, and as I've said before, it would compare to size 40.  Maybe I should start using the recommended thread sizes?  


In any case, a beautiful pattern is even more wonderful with the right thread!

10 comments:

  1. It's truly gorgeous and that color is rich! I love your tassel too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #40! Sulky is great, but did you find it a bit fuzzy? Your tatting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is fuzzy if you have to pick anything at all out - which I always do. Otherwise, I really like it - especially the colors.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful job! I would recommend using the suggested thread size - at least the first time. Then try it in another size and see what you get :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should! But I hate to follow directions, ha!

      Delete
  4. I love that cross pattern, and the Sulky Blendables is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and exultant work love the tassel too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried to make this cross, but the sulky 40 seems like not only the perfect weight but the perfect thread type for it! The beautiful tassel also shows off the thread!

    You seem nice and relaxed with the wedding coming up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!