Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Finally - Vacation!

I'm finally enjoying some much needed vacation time to work on those "someday" projects.  While everyone else is getting ready to get back to school or get kids off to college, I'm enjoying some  post-wedding free time to do whatever I want :) I'm excited to have some time to hide out in my 'cave'!

It's very hot and humid in Minnesota this Labor Day weekend, so I am choosing to stay indoors where it's cool and sew.  My new tatting print fabric was calling me to do SOMETHING with it, so I made a few Dorset Bags. Cuz I need 4 of them, ha!  Gifts maybe?


This pattern makes my favorite tatting bag because of the two outside pockets - so handy for needle cases, extra thread and scissors.  


I'm thinking I can make some table toppers with this fabric as well, and add a tatted edge.  Maybe a new larger carry-all bag?  I also have some dish towels to make and another quilt to bind - not to mention enough fabric to work on another quilt (or ten).  What to do?!

I should prepare for Christmas.  I'm always too late to make much, but maybe I could change that?  In any case, here's to a productive week of Bluebird time!



6 comments:

  1. I love those bags! I just unearthed four that need final touches. I must need them also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!! Please tell me you are selling these because I really, really would LOVE one! The pattern is amazing and fabric is awesome! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get a bag to you! Email me at ahappybluebird (at) gmail.

      Delete
  3. I'll buy one of the black and white ones!!!!
    Glad you're getting a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing just to sew and not be under pressure is a good way to relax! . Wonderful fabric!

    I'm so glad you finally have some time to yourself after the Big Day! I think I'd be in a catatonic haze after that emotional buildup! And it seemed to be a large wedding! Will we get to see photos of the gown? I've been curious how the lace accents worked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We're still waiting for some of the professional photos to be able to share some :)

      Delete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!