Pages

Friday, September 15, 2017

Lucky Pennies

Another Lucky Penny down!  I gave this one to a gal at work who is getting married in a week.  I figured today was a good day to get it to her (she's at a different location), since she will be busy early next week and off the end of the week.  She loved it - the day hadn't been going great, so she said it made her day.   It's a good feeling to brighten someone's day wth something like this - small, but thoughtful.


I also posted this on the Facebook Ice Drop Addicts page, and someone asked about Lucky Penny traditions for brides. The only one I know of is in the Bride's shoe - which my daughter did as a bride  last year.  I did a little research with Mr. Google, and found  a few poems about pennies, but nothing that specifically caught my eye that I could use when gifting lucky pennies for various occasions.  It would be fun to add a little poem each time I give a penny away, but at the same time, I like writing a personal note for each one I gift.  Tomorrow I give my hair stylist a penny for the baby she's about to have, and an ice drop for the big sister.


Well, I think I've figured out how to have my photos accessible on all devices so that it's easiest to share via blogging, texting and emailing. I do love my iPad and iPhone, but Google Photos seems to be the best storage option. I'm still figuring out how to access my photos the way I want to - shouldn't be that hard, but sometimes it just doesn't work the way I want it to!

No worries.  This stubborn Scandhoovian will figure it out.  Blogger doesn't work the way I want it to either, but eventually I get it to do something :)


4 comments:

  1. Your first picture doesn't show for me, but the second one does... another Blogger glitch?

    I agree... the Lucky Pennies and Ice Drops to make thoughtful gifts. I wish the 2017 pennies were easier to find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. I don't know why I have such a time with the pictures? I re-added the photo, but in a different way than I want to. More work on photos I guess :(

      Delete
  2. First picture didn't work n Feedly until I've gone to comment. Love the ice drop for big sis. Are you going to write the poem? I'd love a copy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A poem is a lovely idea. Maybe the next time we gather we can work out both a poem and ins and outs of photo accessibility. I must be feeling a little verklempt. When you said the bride-to-be was cheered with your gift, I got a little choked up. Sometimes it's the simplest things that make someone feel better. We just never know, do we? You're a kind heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!