These are so cute, quick to make, and pretty both front and back. My favorite part is choosing the thread and the matching beads - always the most difficult, but so fun when the result is at least close to what you envisioned!
|Size 20 Lizbeth #132, Tropical Punch|
I just happened to have some Thanksgiving gems stored away for decor. Never used them, because I don't really entertain. Or decorate for Thanksgiving. Not sure why I thought I needed them, but they were probably clearanced?! Ha. I love [potential] craft supplies a little too much. Good I had them though, because I may not have made a special trip to get some!
My first attempt was at a gathering with a couple other tatters. Of course we were talking, and I usually make mistakes while chatting. No wonder my first try was a little loose - I realized after making a few more I had some extra stitches. Several. Oops.
|Size 20 Lizbeth #154, Wildflower Garden|
I also decided I liked the twisted thread loop hanger over a ribbon. I have plenty of ribbon, but I think I need smaller so it doesn't overtake the Ice Drop. I DO NOT need to go buy more ribbon, LOL.
|Size 20 Ecru, Size 20 Lizbeth #147, Red Burst|
When I decided to try adding some beads, I had to laugh. A 1-hour project turned into about a 2-hour comedy. It went something like this:
- Sit down with the perfect thread at the OTHER loveseat in the living room, as I needed my OTT lite.
- Ruby rings the bells to go outside.
- Back to my spot, I remembered I needed a bead threader - which are downstairs in my craft room.
- Looking through the basket of jewelry making stuff: "Oh, I forgot I had all these charms. These pearls would work on something. Where are those bead threaders? Holy cow, I have a lot of beads. Forgot I had this wire. I remember this! Aha! Here are the bead threaders!"
- Back to my spot upstairs. Phone rings.
- Now I need my magnifier glasses. They are by the OTHER loveseat.
- Finally have everything. 45 minutes or so of actual tatting, and it was time to leave for another appointment.
Yes, I am usually much more organized than that! Good thing I was on vacation last week- it's obvious I was pretty relaxed. And, I probably wouldn't have made any of these cute Ice Drops. Or become addicted? Ha!
I'm a better pattern-follower than designer, but I did manage to fit one smaller gem just be decreasing by one ring on both front and back - creating more of a star.
|Size 20 Lizbeth, #164, Blue River Glades|
Now that I've made a few from the original pattern with only a couple of minor tweaks, I'm ready to branch out and try some of the other beautiful modifications I've seen. (Though I kinda like this simple little version without getting too crazy fancy anyway.) And tomorrow it's back to work, so I won't be on a fast-track. Besides, I'm not too sure what I'll do with these cuties? I can hang one from every bag I own! Maybe zipper pulls. Keychains. I dunno! But they are cute. And addicting!
Thanks, Diane. Thanks a lot. :)