Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Strawberry Season!

Strawberry season always gets summer started!  My girls and I made 2 batches of  Strawberry-Rhubarb jam today - 24 half pints.  It's the hottest day of the year so far (ugh) 96 and humid!  Tomorrow my plan is a batch of plain strawberry jam. One daughter has huge rhubarb plants, and my coworker gave me beautiful berries from her home garden.  Enough for LOTS of jam - I will share :)


I can't believe it's already July 4th next weekend!  Wedding plans are getting serious now - lots of planning getting accomplished!

3 comments:

  1. Now take a break before all the wedding stuff and eat those jars :) or mail them to me right :) looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am so jealous! The rabbits ate all of our strawberry plants... again. I've been trying to convince Dave that we NEED rhubarb for 36 years... still no go. I'm not giving up, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! We've had several weeks of hot and humid weather, now we're in for milder but possibly stormy weather for a few days. I don't have a garden so I don't have to worry about my plants getting beat up by sun or storm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!