Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Little Dare?

I’ve been admiring Fox’s button tatting lately, and knowing my obsession with Ice Drops, she proposed a little dare.  That I try a tatted button.  It’s only taken me about 2 weeks, but I finally got it!  I do see how these are addicting – but I don’t need to start collecting buttons now on top of fabric, beads, gems and charms.  Yikes!

I love this one, it’s one of my favorite color combinations – brown and turquoise.  I may have to make some more and play with other colors!


The first couple tries just gave me knots – not sure why, but I think I didn’t give myself enough thread.  Frustrating though – I knew it couldn’t be that hard! After a few knots, I decided to try one without beads.  Once I got on a bit of a roll, I attached to the wrong hole in the button.  Aaaaaagh!  Sheesh, I always learn the hard way first.


I’m still working on making lucky pennies for a few brides and babies too – and was having a hard time finding 2017 pennies.  A kind tatter on one of the Facebook group pages offered to send me some, as she had TWO WHOLE ROLLS of 2017 pennies!  I now have enough pennies for all those I want to make.  

This is the latest penny for a new bride:



Between all the sewing I’ve been doing and the tatting projects I have planned, there’s no time for work!  Just kidding – the job gets in the way of the hobbies!  

4 comments:

  1. I should try the button tatting. It looks so neat, and I have tons of buttons! I did try crocheting around them a few years back. That was a lot of fun, but I like the look of tatting so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tatted button!!! :)
    Great lucky penny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two rolls of pennies? No wonder you didn't need my paltry single one!! Do you retro-tat? Did you? If I spent more time tatting than un-tatting I may actually make progress!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!