Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Bookmark


In honor of Valentine's Day, my 7th motif is a bookmark from the pattern 'Hearts', by Dee Powell from the book Tatted Bookmarks from Handy Hands.   This pattern was easy to work - and I really do enjoy making bookmarks since they make great gifts to include in a card. 

The thread is Gram's Variegated, Cebelia size 30 - my very first HDT  (hand dyed thread) from Krystledawne.  I didn't expect the thread variegation to be so pretty - but I really love this one!  This second picture shows the true color better - it's varied pinks, not red.    This thread is very nice to tat with - and I like how I can see my stitches.  Is this the thread, or is it that my tatting is improving?


Happy Valentine's Day.  May your heart be happy and full of love today!

9 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful bookmark! Funny thing is I just made one of those with another color from that batch of thread lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a valentine bookmark! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy!
    It's a lovely bookmark and VERY well done! Your stitches are so neat. I've also got to compliment your tassel - it is SO luxurious!
    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a very CLOSE look; your stitches are looking very good! That is an impressive looking bookmark!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bookmark is very lovely!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I love this bookmark. The color is also very delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pink & red -- how beautiful!!! great job. (o: i agree with you -- bookmarks are fun to make & are a wonderful gift -- to give or receive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very pretty! Perfect post for Valentine's Day! ♥ Love ♥ it! ♥ ♥ ♥
    Happy Tatting,
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!