Pages

Friday, January 12, 2018

Sewing Complete and Hoarding Thread!

Hooray for Friday!  And it’s a long weekend for me - with the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday.  An extra day to work on hobbies.  Or plan the next project.  Or finish a project in progress. Who knows?  We’ll see.  All I know is I got the supplies!


Yarnplayer’s “Solar Flare” and “Grayscale”

I have been thinking about Marilee’s Grayscale hand-dyed thread, but when I saw the Solar Flare, I decided it was time to revel in some new thread.  So, now that I have it, I need to find the “perfect” thing to use it on.  I can’t decide if I should make earrings, or if I should make a pretty doily with one of these as an accent to white.  Such decisions!  I will hoard it until I decide, ha ha!

I also finished the duffel bag for hubby.  I told him he should be aware of how spoiled he is!


Turned out pretty darned good, I think.  I’m kind of anxious to make another one - for ME.  Not that I need another bag, but because I have just the PERFECT fabric for it . . .

We shall see.  So many projects to consider, and so little time!

AND, we are also beginning the planning for our next Twin Cities Tatters Retreat!  It’s fun to get it started - our retreat center from last year leaves us definitely ready to go again.  Summer sure seems a loonngg way off.

It is -5 F in Minnesota tonite.  I’ll be inside this weekend, doing something!


7 comments:

  1. Amazing bag! Great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a really good job on that duffel bag. Enjoy mulling the possibilities for your new thread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The duffel bag looks great! My sewing machines have been off for a good cleaning for the past three weeks. I think of it as their spa treatment. ;-) I get to pick them up today, and I am eager to start sewing again. I have lots of ideas! I wonder how many of them will become reality?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is wonderful! What does the fabric look like for yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great to look at thread, and wonder what it will become. Your bag is great and love to make useful things I am mentally preparing a handbag so far😄🦋😄

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colorways!! :) I also hoard my HDTs until I find just the right thing to tat with them.
    Awesome looking duffel bag!! :) Can't wait to see yours!!
    Summer will be here before you know it and the -5 will be a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids made wonderful duffel bags for school sewing projects. I wrote down the company name {somewhere ...} but at that time and 10 years later they didn't have a website. It might be time to look again to see if they do now. They are a local MN company. I love hubby's camo bag! Nicely done!

    ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!