Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010!

Saying "goodbye" to 2010 doesn't hurt my feelings one bit!  It's been a year that has pulled me in a million different directions, and I'm ready to get on with some new normals. 

I have accomplished a lot more than I realized, however.  I joined the 25-Motif Challenge to practice techniques and keep track of how many things I really do tat.  It doesn't seem like I accomplish much tatting, but I have completed one challenge, and have started another.  I actually tatted a doily, entered it into both the county fair and the state fair and earned ribbons at both.  I have given away numerous bookmarks, and even found a couple of tatters that are interested in getting together as 'Twin Cities Tatters' to have a group devoted to tatting.  As far as my tatting life goes, 2010 has been a good year!

I will end 2010 with motifs for my 2nd 25-Motif Challenge.  The first one is my #6 - pattern is 'Snowflake 7' from Festive Snowflakes and Ornaments, in Lizbeth Jelly Bean thread, size 20.  I really love this pattern - it tats up so nice and neat.

#6
Motif #7 is the 'Wheel of Nine Rings' from Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns. I have looked at this pattern many times - the look just appeals to me.  This one is in DMC white perle cotton, size 12.

#7
I started both of these motifs with intentions of putting them on some satin Christmas balls.  I never did figure out a small bottom motif to use for connecting it all to a ball for a pretty ornament - maybe next year!

Farewell 2010! 
I'm really looking forward to all the good things I know are coming in 2011. 
Happy, Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR, CINDY!!!!

    These are BEAUTIFUL motifs, Cindy! And I see them on your Christmas tree as well - just LOVELY!

    I hope 2011 is a WONDERFUL year for you!

    ❤ Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely motifs, and have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tatting! I really like motif number 7. Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snowflakes are wonderful, Cindy! I hope 2011 brings the best for you and your family. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!! Your snowflakes are pretty. I can understand that feeling when you have finished a snowflake and you just love how it turned out and how much you enjoyed tatting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your motifs..they are lovely. A very Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice motifs and a happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your snowflakes look great. I like the look of your #7 as well. In fact, I was just looking at the pattern last night, debating if I should make it or not: )

    Wishing you a wonderful and prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Cindy!
    That #7 Motif is one of my all time faves.

    I even bought the book it is in, because I had seen it on someone's blog.

    I have never tatted it in white; it looks lovely!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!