Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Ideas

Happy New Year!  Did you make resolutions?  I don't make any kind of solid resolutions, but instead try to remind myself that I need to be the best I can be.  Which means eating better to have a healthy body, and keeping a positive attitude to have a healthy mind. Everything else will fall into place!

With some wonderful time off from work, I've had waaaay too much  ample  a little time to get the creative juices flowing.   I finally had an evening to try Marilee's teardrop pendant.  I didn't have the right size bead, so I thought I'd try to use something I had.  Well, that was a dumb idea. Kinda ruined the "teardrop" look, eh?  Plus my thread split and made an even bigger mess when I tried to make that join.  Tension, tension, tension.  (In more than one sense of the word!)

So, I'll be heading out to get some correct beads to try that again :)  With a positive attitude, of course.

Michell'es snowflake earrings and pendant inspired me to get going on the jewelry ideas. She even gave me a set of my own - such pretty tatting with such tiny thread! Aren't these beautiful? 



Another jewelry idea I love is spoon jewelry.  So, I'm going to try a little of that too . . . once I figure out how to cut and drill holes in the silver.  I made a spoon ring back in the 70's out of my baby spoon in an art class, and I don't remember it being too difficult.  In any case, I found some old flatware I have had for years and cleaned it up to see if it would work. I can see a couple of pretty rings and bracelets here . . .



And I think I'll try some glass tile jewelry too.  Maybe combine it with some flatware.  (When the heck will I wear all this jewelry?  Or a better question might be when will I have time to make it?)  Hehe.  Maybe Pinterest wasn't a good idea . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sometimes you have to color outside the lines and in colors you have - if it doesn't work, well, I'm sure you learned a few things in the process, right?
    Michelle's jewelry set looks great. Good luck on making some of your own. Have fun with the spoons, too.
    Maybe a resolution for the new year should be "I will only get on Pinterest when I really don't have other things I should be doing because I can't seem to leave once I'm there" (I can't keep New Year's resolutions, either)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you do with those spoons.

    Those earrings look okay, don't they? Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!