Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finally Some Color!

After what seems like a long wait, this hot, humid weather we've been having is helping the flowers start to give the yard some color. I enjoy the anticipation of wondering what will bloom next, and have to make evening rounds after work to inspect everything.




















Can't wait to see these lilies open - there are tons of blooms. I would call them a salmon color - not really peach, but not really pink. There's Jack-in-the-Pulpit, Buttercups, Speedwell and Lilies here.

















And here's the bird's eye view from the birdbath . . .



There will be some pink & red Yarrow, Black-Eyed-Susans, Phlox, Bee Balm and Daylilies in here soon.




This is one of the two Hollyhocks blooming behind the garage right now. The other hollyhock hasn't bloomed yet, and the clematis is just starting.

Someday I might figure out how to plant everything so there are blooms all summer long. It's so pleasant to sit outside and have a colorful view. I love to plant new things, but I have to admit I'm not much for the weeding! I really don't understand how anyone can 'enjoy' working in a garden when the 'work' consists of pulling weeds while sweating in the hot summer sun. I really just want the pretty view.

No comments: