Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Need. More. Time.

I love that Thanksgiving fell early this year - it makes it seem like there is more time until Christmas with that extra week.  We leisurely got the tree up, and I really have  most of my Christmas shopping done.  Had a great time last weekend making lefse - even Michelle and her daughters joined us.  I was feeling pretty on top of the Christmas rush.

(Taffy poses when the camera comes out!)
And then, this awesome old dresser entered my life.  




It's a shame to cover up that beautiful old wood, but I dislike stripping and refinishing wood.  So, I am going to paint this beauty.  THIS weekend.  Great timing, right?  But it can't sit in the garage - we are getting our first significant snowfall tonight, and would prefer to park all vehicles in the garage.  This dresser has a piece of glass to fit the top also - I'm envisioning doilies and pictures under the glass . . .

So, I won't be tatting many snowflakes this weekend.  But I might get a few more chapters of The Ruins of Lace read.  A book review another time.  I wish there were a few more hours in a day - or a weekend!



3 comments:

  1. That LEFSE is gone!!!!! Boy did we love it!

    The dresser is gorgeous as is your tree! We're off to Wisconsin to get one today.

    I can't wait to see what you do with that dresser! You are so talented.

    How's the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifelike is like that, there's not enough hours in any day, Christmas always seems a long way off and then suddenly it's here, overtaking time and days.
    Oh please don't paint the dresser, it looks a beautiful piece of furniture could you not just repair the leg. And give it a coat of varnish or something.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dresser is beautiful! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!