Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks Today

Today I give thanks.  I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my health, and my job.  I have a roof over my head, food to eat and a bed to sleep in.  I even have a little extra to share.  I am so fortunate in so many ways, that I can't even put it into words. 

Mom is staying with me this week while the men in the family are deer hunting in Wisconsin.  We have been discussing how lucky we are to have this time together as our annual tradition. All week we run all around town shopping, eating, cooking, crafting, and whatever else we can think of.  We make a traditional turkey, dressing, sweet potato, mashed potatoes and cranberries meal for our Thanksgiving dinner - mostly so we have leftovers!  Some years we go to other relative's homes, and some years we go out for a buffet, but most of the time we just hang out at my house.  The girls and their boyfriends sometimes join us, sometimes are off with other families.  This is just how it is for Thanksgiving at our house.

Army Girlfriend's BF is home so we will spend some time visiting with them, and the English Major is home too, so she and her BF will be around as well.  My little girls have grown up.

I will relax today, and just be thankful from the bottom of my heart for everything in my life!

Happy Thanksgiving :)

4 comments:

  1. Wait. Little girls grow up?........I didn't sign up for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you can spend time with your mother and do things together. It's sounds like you find plenty of things to do. Deer season in Kansas is the last of November/first week in December. I'm glad my husband doesn't do much of that anymore because I used to spend our anniversary pretty much alone, or helping to butcher the deer. Not my idea of an anniversary celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krystle, I didn't sign up for that growing up stuff either! Makes holidays kind of boring without babies & little kids. It's amazing how you watch them grow up over the years, but then it seems to happen so suddenly.

    Good you don't have to spend your anniversary alone anymore, Wanda! I have only spent one Thanksgiving in 27 years with my husband. And only one with my Dad in my whole (old) life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little girl grandbabies grow at an alarming rate - even faster than the little grown girls who bore them! Get ready for it - it is there before you know it! That's the bad news.

    The good news is that it is all good if you can just enjoy every minute!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!