Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

No More Motifs!

Not really "no more" motifs, but I have been somewhat obsessed  lately :)  I finished another motif from Jon's Elegant Tatting Gems book, again adding beads.  The beads just give it a little sparkle, but you can't really see it in the pictures.

"Nilakandi" in Lizbeth Blue River Glades
I'm not sure what I'll add these motifs to - maybe a bag or two :)  What do you do with your motifs?  I am planning some covers for my bread maker, toaster and Keurig machine in the kitchen, but I think I would like to add motifs of matching thread color.  Not sure what I'll do there - but I need to make the covers first anyway.  AND, my sewing machine is in for a cleaning and tune-up, so all I can do is plan at this point.  Not like I need more project "plans" - ha ha!

*****************

I sent that heart monitor packing yesterday - gladly!  I had to wear it for 30 days to record my heart rhythm and make sure the meds are doing their job.  Next is a treadmill stress test on Tuesday, and then a visit with my cardiologist on Wednesday.  We'll see if I have to do anything more than just take the meds to keep my renegade heart under control.  I thought I was past being a renegade years ago!

Our Minnesota weather is FINALLY acting like it's spring.  Sunny and 74 F is the high for today, and similar again tomorrow.  I can get out in the yard on my hands and knees and look for any green signs of flowers sprouting :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    Yes, I can see the pretty sparkles! You did a great job with this pattern - lovely tatting!

    Glad you are better and still a renegade ... I am all for that!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty motif. I can see the beads. Your tatting is very good.
    I am glad that you are feeling better. I see no reason to have stopped being a renegade. Makes for an interesting life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful motif and I can see the beads.
    I hope they sort your heart out, I am glad you got rid of the heart monitor, 30days that must have been some patience to keep wearing it.
    Hope all goes well on Wednesday.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on Tue/Wed. Will be thinking of you! Tuesday is going to be a special day in Holland! Queen Beatrix will step down and our crown prince Willem Alexander will become King. And his beautiful wife Maxima: Queen. A day of festivities, partying, joy and fun for us, but not for you... sorry.. hope it all goes well.. Ingric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your motif looks wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!