Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Sewing for Tatting!

Well?  Haven’t been tatting, but I made myself some . . . wait for it . . . BAGS to cart around my tatting stuff.  Surprised?  Ha ha - I just love making bags, especially bags that zip closed.
This is some fun fabric with tatting on it - a rare find, so of course I hoarded it awhile until the perfect thing came to me.  This was perfect! 😊


Today is Ruby’s 12th birthday.  This is a significant day for her, as boxers usually have a life span of 9-12 years.  She’s an overachiever!  She is such a sweet dog - boxers are loyal, protective (sometimes too much) and hilarious comedians.  My 2 year old in fur - her expression is like a child, hanging on every word.


My daughter LOVES alpacas, and arranged for us to visit a local alpaca farm recently.  The couple that owns these beauties are so very nice, and told us all about showing them, and how each of them has different fiber quality for spinning into yarn.  They are very sweet!  The yarn is beautiful, but I’m really avoiding starting that collection!

This little one was orphaned at only about a month old, so she is extremely friendly after being bottle-fed and handled a lot. I was thinking about how nice it would be to sit in a stall with her cuddled up beside me while I read a book.  (Ha.  I don’t think they are really very cuddly, but it would be fun anyway.)




The answer is no.  I am not allowed to have any! 

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love those bags! And happy birthday dear Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love the alpaca pictures! Your new tatting bags are adorable! Maybe I'll get to see them in person... soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid fabric! I have spun alpaca yarn, but I don’t know any personally. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little alpaca is adorable! Yes, happy birthday to Ruby. She's so special and beloved ... isn't it wonderful to have such special pets?

    Your bags again, are the best!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts - I read and appreciate every one!