Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Official T.A.T. Apprentice


Ta Da!

It's official. The three years it took me to complete the Apprentice - Phase I of the Tatters Across Time Proficiency Program was worth the effort! My projects for this phase were returned to me today, along with evaluations and comments by 3 evaluators and congratulations on passing. Congratulations to me!

It seems the most noted things I need to work on are tension and joins. I guess I knew that, but it helps to see the comments and suggestions from the evaluators to really get the 'why' part, and know what to work on to improve. I'm sure I will refer to those comments and suggestions many times as I continue learning and building on the various skills. I am determined to learn how to tat for some reason, though I'm not really sure why it intrigues me so - other than the fact that it is beautiful and unique. I'm just stubborn enough [understatement!] to figure it out.

I know, I know. Practice, practice, practice! And then I can work on Artisan - Phase II.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an achievment! As you say, practice, practice, practice! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? There are certificates and Apprenticeships for tatting? The things you have made are beautiful! I enjoyed watching the slideshow.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I need all the luck I can get. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! You're doing great - and yes, I got here by "blog-stalking"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog stalking?!? Yes, I am indeed a blog stalker. It is how I found your blog. :-D

    Congratulations on gaining your Phase One certificate !!! It is a wonderful accomplishment!

    Don't feel bad about the three years. I sent away for my T.A.T. apprentice kit in 2005 and it sat unopened for 4 years. I just dusted it off and started working on the assignments last week. With any luck I will be able to join you in the Certificate Winner's Circle sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete